The Chitradurga Nirmithi Kendra Is functioning with the objectives of generating and propagate innovative ideas of promotion of Cost Effective Energy Efficient Building Materials. It has been recognised as one of leading building Construction Centre. The Government of Karnataka in order to encourage the activities of Nirmithi Kendra has granted exemption for the KTPP Act 1999 under Section 4(g). On the basis of exemption given by the Government, various Government Departments, Zilla Panchayath and Local Bodies entrusted works to Nirmithi Kendra directly. Even ISRO of Central Government has also entrusted some of the works at Challakere Taluk.
- During 2018-19 total 505 No. of works was entrusted to Chitradurga Nirmithi Kendra by various Government Departments. Regarding financial position opening balance was Rs. 100.24 Crores. Rs. 45.96 Crores was released by the Government Departments and there was expenditure of Rs. 95.53 Crores and closing balance is Rs. 51.17 Crores. Out of 505 works 89 works were completed and remaining are under progress at different levels.
- After establishment of Nirmithi Kendra it has created permanent assets of land and building at Metikurke Village, Hiriyur Taluk, Megalahalli Village and kenchanakatte in Chitradurga Taluk. The Nirmithi Kendra is having its own production centre and workshop along with required machineries. Training Centre has been constructed for the purpose of training.
- During 2018-19 Hostel buildings, Samudaya bhavana, Anganavadi centres, Bus Shelters, Drinking water systems, School buildings, Veterinary hospitals, Zilla panchayath office extension work, CC Roads and Drainages, Repair works and Infrastructure of election booths and others works taken up. ISRO and IISc has entrusted work by considering the Nirmithi Kendra’s Innovative ideas. Under ISRO project Chandrayana – II created artificial creaters and under IISc C-BELT (Centre for Bio Energy and Low Carbon Technology) was constructed.
- The main source of fund is the amount released by the Government Departments and local bodies for Construction Activities like Building, Roads and Drainages.
- The registration of Chitradurga Nirmithi Kendrah has been got renewal for the year 2018-19 as per Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960. Also ISO Certificate has been received for 2018-19.
- Under “Shrama Samarthya Yojane” Training and distribution of Tool Kit was organised as per the guidelines of Labour Department, Government of Karnataka. A total no. of 195 Beneficiaries, Were trained in 6 batches, which include masonry 2 batches, electrical 1 batch, carpentry 2 batch and earth work 1 batch.
- Rajeev Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited through Chitradurga Zilla Panchayath as released funds to train up Rural Unemployed Youths. Under this scheme 210 beneficiaries were trained in respect of trades like masonry, electrical, bar-bending, pre-cast, plumbing, welding and painting.
- During training period the beneficiaries were provided lodging, boarding, wage loss, travelling allowance along with health check up and yoga. Practical training was also organised by taking the trainees to work spot.
- The Chitradurga Nirmithi Kendra is having well trained Engineers, Accounts and Administration Staff.